What to do in August in Gibraltar - 2023
Gibraltar is an overseas territory of the United Kingdom.
It is considered by Spain as a real, and last, colony in European territory.
Since 2021 Gibraltar is part of the Schengen area. Winter in Gibraltar can be a mixture of mild, wet and cold weather. On average, only 30 % of the days are classified as "rainy".
Before we have a look at what you can do in Gibraltar, let's first look at the weather you can expect in August.
August weather in GibraltarTo get a good overview of the type of weather you can expect in August in Gibraltar, we will look at the day and night temperature, minimum and maximum water temperature, and if August is comfortable or humid
Generally, August in Gibraltar will be quite hot. Historical data shows that you can expect an average temperature of around 93°F / 34°C. As there is not a lot of humidity, it will feel comfortable. During the night, it will cool down to around 68°F / 20°C. Many will prefer a location with air conditioning due to the humidity level.
Gibraltar does not have a lot of rainy days in August. You can expect around 1 rainy days, with on average 0.1 inches / 3 mm of rain during the whole month.
Things to see and do in Gibraltar
Gibraltar has many things to soo. With help from our visitors we have dived a list of things to see in. If you have any sugestions or improvements for this list, please let us know.
Shopping in Gibraltar
Gibraltar is a great holiday destination and it is also popular among tourists for great shopping opportunities.
- crystals, and
- perfumes are some items preferred by tourists on their visit to Gibraltar. Even in winter time shops are open so you'll be able to find everything you're looking for.
Activities in Gibraltar
Restaurants in Gibraltar
You'll be able to find restaurants that are open even in the winter.
The cuisine of the area is a mix of different cultures. Here are some typical dishes:
- Panissa or Paniza is a variety of Calentita corresponding in every aspect to Ligurian panissa.
- Rosto is another dish of Italian origin.
- Fideos al horno is baked pasta similar to Greek pasticcio and Maltese imqarrun.
- Calentita was imported by the Genoese and looks like a savory cake prepared with chickpea flour and baked in a pan.
- Bollo de hornasso is a sweet similar to the Spanish hornazo. It is only available during Christmas and Easter holidays.
More things to see in Gibraltar
More information about Gibraltar
What to do in Gibraltar in other months
- What to do in January in Gibraltar
- What to do in February in Gibraltar
- What to do in March in Gibraltar
- What to do in April in Gibraltar
- What to do in May in Gibraltar
- What to do in June in Gibraltar
- What to do in July in Gibraltar
- What to do in September in Gibraltar
- What to do in October in Gibraltar
- What to do in November in Gibraltar
- What to do in December in Gibraltar
Weather in Gibraltar for each month
- Weather in Gibraltar for January
- Weather in Gibraltar for February
- Weather in Gibraltar for March
- Weather in Gibraltar for April
- Weather in Gibraltar for May
- Weather in Gibraltar for June
- Weather in Gibraltar for July
- Weather in Gibraltar for August
- Weather in Gibraltar for September
- Weather in Gibraltar for October
- Weather in Gibraltar for November
- Weather in Gibraltar for December