What to do in August in Barbados - 2023
Barbados is an island in the Caribbean region, but which lies out in the Atlantic many miles east of the Caribbean Sea. It has always been a popular destination for those wishing to spend their winter vacations in the tropics, for those who prefer walks on the beach and for lovers of water sports.
Before we have a look at what you can do in Barbados, let's first look at the weather you can expect in August.
August weather in BarbadosTo get a good overview of the type of weather you can expect in August in Barbados, we will look at the day and night temperature, minimum and maximum water temperature, and if August is comfortable or humid
Generally, August in Barbados will be really nice. Historical data shows that you can expect an average temperature of around 78°F / 26°C. But due to the extreme humidity it can feel extremely uncomfortable. During the night, it will cool down to around 77°F / 25°C. Many will prefer a location with air conditioning due to the night temperature, and the high humidity level.
Barbados has its share of rainy days in August. You can expect around 21 rainy days, with on average 6.1 inches / 156 mm of rain during the whole month.
But remember that rain can be short and heavy for many tropical locations, particularly during the rainy season. It means that the number of days with rain and the amount of rain can be high, but you will still see many lovely days with a short period of heavy rain.
Things to see and do in Barbados
Barbados has many things to soo. With help from our visitors we have dived a list of things to see in. If you have any sugestions or improvements for this list, please let us know.
Shopping in Barbados
There are large supermarkets on the edge of Bridgetown. Smaller stores offer virtually everything a visitor or resident might need. The mall at the harbour has a good selection but is pricier than elsewhere. Barbados has a well-deserved reputation for its rum. Two distilleries are open for tours, and purchases there will be at the best price.
Activities in Barbados
Restaurants in Barbados
Bajan cuisine is an odd mix of spicy, flavorful treats along with traditional English fayre. So be prepared for meals where fiery stews accompany beans on toast. Many hotels have good restaurants open to non-residents, both a la carte and buffet-style.
More things to see in Barbados
More information about Barbados
What to do in Barbados in other months
- What to do in January in Barbados
- What to do in February in Barbados
- What to do in March in Barbados
- What to do in April in Barbados
- What to do in May in Barbados
- What to do in June in Barbados
- What to do in July in Barbados
- What to do in September in Barbados
- What to do in October in Barbados
- What to do in November in Barbados
- What to do in December in Barbados
Weather in Barbados for each month
- Weather in Barbados for January
- Weather in Barbados for February
- Weather in Barbados for March
- Weather in Barbados for April
- Weather in Barbados for May
- Weather in Barbados for June
- Weather in Barbados for July
- Weather in Barbados for August
- Weather in Barbados for September
- Weather in Barbados for October
- Weather in Barbados for November
- Weather in Barbados for December