Bonaire is a Caribbean island just north of Venezuela, politically part of the Netherlands. Along with its neighboring Dutch islands of Aruba and Curaçao, it forms the ABC Islands, though it is much quieter. It is a mostly flat, riverless coral island renowned for diving, windsurfing, and bird watching. The official languages are Dutch and Papiamento, the latter of which is the traditional language spoken by the locals. Many locals also speak Spanish, and employees at hotels, dive shops and restaurants will almost always also speak English.
Before we have a look at what you can do in Bonaire, let's first look at the weather you can expect in September.
September weather in BonaireTo get a good overview of the type of weather you can expect in September in Bonaire, we will look at the day and night temperature, minimum and maximum water temperature, and if September is comfortable or humid
Generally, September in Bonaire will be quite hot. Historical data shows that you can expect an average temperature of around 89°F / 32°C. As the humidty is low, it will feel very comfortable. During the night, it will cool down to around 77°F / 25°C. Many will prefer a location with air conditioning due to the night temperature.
Bonaire has its share of rainy days in September. You can expect around 17 rainy days, with on average 1.8 inches / 45 mm of rain during the whole month.
But remember that rain can be short and heavy for many tropical locations, particularly during the rainy season. It means that the number of days with rain and the amount of rain can be high, but you will still see many lovely days with a short period of heavy rain.
Things to see and do in Bonaire
Bonaire has many things to soo. With help from our visitors we have dived a list of things to see in. If you have any sugestions or improvements for this list, please let us know.
Shopping in Bonaire
There are shopping malls and markets where you can buy clothes and local items typical of the island.
Activities in Bonaire
Restaurants in Bonaire
Bonaire has many restaurants and quite varied cuisine given the overall island population. Other cuisines common on the islands are
More things to see in Bonaire
More information about Bonaire
What to do in Bonaire in other months
- What to do in January in Bonaire
- What to do in February in Bonaire
- What to do in March in Bonaire
- What to do in April in Bonaire
- What to do in May in Bonaire
- What to do in June in Bonaire
- What to do in July in Bonaire
- What to do in August in Bonaire
- What to do in October in Bonaire
- What to do in November in Bonaire
- What to do in December in Bonaire
Weather in Bonaire for each month
- Weather in Bonaire for January
- Weather in Bonaire for February
- Weather in Bonaire for March
- Weather in Bonaire for April
- Weather in Bonaire for May
- Weather in Bonaire for June
- Weather in Bonaire for July
- Weather in Bonaire for August
- Weather in Bonaire for September
- Weather in Bonaire for October
- Weather in Bonaire for November
- Weather in Bonaire for December