Bonita Springs is located on the southwest side of Florida and is bordered by the Gulf of Mexico. Bonita Springs also includes several islands that are only accessible by boat or ferry. The place offers a very calm and serene suburban feel and is one of the best places to live in Florida. You can find many attractions, recreational areas, and activities to keep you busy during your visit. The weather is pleasant all year round. Back in 1870, Bonita Springs served as the medical camp during the war. After the troops left, this camp was turned into a town.
- 1 Why should people stay in Bonita Springs during the fall, winter, or spring?
- 2 Climate
- 3 Things to see in Bonita Springs
- 4 Things to see not far from Bonita Springs
- 5 Activities in Bonita Springs in the fall, winter, or spring
- 6 Shopping + Restaurants. Are they open in the fall, winter, or spring?
- 7 Transport
- 8 Health
- 9 Accommodation
- 10 RV/Campers/Motorhome
- 11 Packing List
Why should people stay in Bonita Springs during the fall, winter, or spring?
There is a lot to do in Bonita Springs during winter. During the winter, high season, all the restaurants and attractions are open and the weather is very pleasant. You can stroll across the town or just soak up some sun on the beaches. There is also a huge variety of places that you can visit in and near to the town. The place can be quite busy during the winter period.
Like the rest of the Floridian regions, Bonita Springs has very pleasant weather all year round. The average temperature goes as high as 77°F (25°C) and as low as 55°F (13°C) in the winter. Evenings do get chilly so it is advised to keep some warm clothes with you. The winter period normally does not see hurricanes (the hurricane season is from June to November).
For more climate information visit Meteoblue
Things to see in Bonita Springs
Bonita Springs is an important tourist destination and has many things that you can visit:
- Four Mile Cove Ecological Preserve: You can find the most beautiful blend of flora and fauna in this preserve. There are many recreational activities present here and you can play golf, visit the art center or visit the lake.
- Cape Coral History Museum: You can learn about the history of Cape Coral in this museum by taking a look at the artifacts, documents, photographs, and other items related to the history of Cape Coral.
- Trent Art Gallery: You can visit the Trent art gallery in Cape Coral. There are a lot of great art pieces to see in this gallery and many art-related events are also held here now and then.
- Southwest Florida Military Museum & Library: This museum is dedicated to preserving and displaying military artifacts and memorabilia for the education of the people about the heritage of the military.
- Sirenia Vista Park: This is the best place to visit in winter because you can enjoy the tropical feels of the park. You can also go fishing, or walk on one of the trails.
- Beaches: Cape Coral is bordered by sea so there are many beaches that you can visit. You can select a different location for every day, take a stroll across the beach, do some sun-soaking, and get some delicious food from one of the local vendors.
Things to see not far from Bonita Springs
There are a few great neighboring towns and places that one can visit.
- Sanibel Island: It is located 18 Miles (29 km) from Cape Coral. It is only accessible by boat. You can enjoy the beaches in this place, visit the historical sites and eat some great food.
- Six Miles Cypress Slough Preserve: 9.6 Miles (15 km) from Cape Coral. It is a non-profit organization that preserves the natural wildlife. You join a guided tour throughout the park.
- Edison and Ford winter estates: 10 Miles (16 km) from Cape Coral. The area is 20 acres of historical land with the museum, laboratory, and gardens. It dates back to 1885 when Edison bought his first vacation home here.
- Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center (SBDAC): 9.5 Miles (15 km) from Cape Coral. You can visit the art center, music center and even attend the events held there.
Activities in Bonita Springs in the fall, winter, or spring
When it comes to finding a good activity to entertain yourself, Bonita Springs has a number of options:
- Coastal Biplane: You can take plane rides on the salty waters of the Gulf and enjoy the scenery.
- Cooking: Always wanted to improve your cooking? Join a cooking class and learn how to cook something special.
- Fishing: There are many preserves and beaches in the area where you can go fishing.
- Theater: There are several theaters located in and close to the town. Check there websites for more information.
- Murder Mystery: You can board the historical train of southwest Florida to solve a murder mystery and have a 5-course meal.
- Boat trip: Join a boat trip, or rent a boat.
- Walking: There are a lot of places where you can enjoy a nice walk.
- Yoga Retreats: Find some of the top-class fitness and yoga retreats in Cape Coral so that you can stay healthy.
- Art classes: Join an art class and learn how to paint, draw, or start with pottery.
- Golf: There are amazing golf courses in and around the city that also have other amusement activities like pools and arcade games.
Shopping + Restaurants. Are they open in the fall, winter, or spring?
The winter is the most important season in Florida with many visitors coming to escape the harsh winter in the north. This means that stores and restaurants will all be open in the winter season, wherein in the summer (low season) you can find some closed stores and restaurants in some parts of Florida that are more catering to snowbirds.
Bonita Springs Farmers Market is one of the best fresh produce markets in the area. You can pick up fresh fruits and vegetables from this market along with other organic products as well. You can find other options here as well. Visit the Swan River Seafood Fish Market which is located right on the beach to get some fresh seafood. There are many thrift and souvenir shops as well for local purchases.
You can find a lot of restaurants in the area with many types of food, fast food, Chinese, Thai, Mexican, Hawaiian, pizza, and Italian.
The nearest airports to Bonita Springs are Southwest Florida International Airport and Naples Airport. Both are located 18 Miles (29 km) from Bonita Springs. You can travel to and from both airports through train, bus, taxi, car or take an Uber.
Having a car can be convenient during your stay. You can rent one at the airport easily, but there are also numerous other locations if you do not want to rent one all the time.
If you want to use public transport, an easy way to find the best route is to use Google Maps. Find the directions from your starting point to the destination, and click on transit. It will then show you some of the public transport options.
Taking a bus is the cheapest way of public transport. Whether you want to travel within the city or outside the city, you can find many bus services available. Several bus stations are located throughout the city and there are also small pickup points from where you can catch a bus. For inter-city travels, you will have to check the schedule prior to a day or two and make reservations.
You can also use the train if you want to travel inter-city and enjoy the view. There are several Train stations in and near Bonita Springs.
There is a huge variety of doctors, dentists, and general and private Hospitals in and near Bonita Springs. Hospitals have 24/7 emergency and all departments to treat every kind of illness. You can visit:
- NHC Healthcare System: General hospital with 24/7 emergency and immediate care. (https://www.nchmd.org/services/all-services/immediate-care)
- Alessi Family care: PrivateHospital (https://alessifamilycare.com/)
- Bonita Smiles Dental: Dental Clinic (https://bonitasmilesdental.com/)
There are a number of different rental companies present in Bonita Springs, whether you're looking for an apartment or a villa. You can easily get a nice, small apartment with rates starting from $900 (approx. €886, £742, $1157 CAD, $1292 AUD) per month.
Some of the most popular organizations that are commonly used to find accommodation:
- Zillow (https://www.zillow.com/)
- Rent (https://www.rent.com/)
- Apartment Guide: (https://www.apartmentguide.com/)
- Airbnb (www.airbnb.com) is also available in case you're looking for a more customized offer. The prices vary according to the location and the size of the accommodation.
If you are traveling with a Motorhome there are many easy in-town options available like:
Bonita Lake RV resort: It is a good site for RV camping within the town. 167 sites are available. Facilities like restrooms, laundry, and running water is available. Prices start from $69 (approx. €67, £56, $88 CAD, $99 AUD) per night. (https://www.bonitalake.com/)
Imperial Bonita Estates: 320 full sites available for RV or motorhomes. All modern facilities are available. Prices start from $65 (approx. €64, £53, $83 CAD, $93 AUD) per night. (https://www.imperialbonitaestates.com/)
Lovers Key State Park: Full facility sites are available for tent campers. Basic facilities like toilets, water, and electricity are available. Prices start from $16 (approx. €15, £13, $20 CAD, $22 AUD) per night, may vary according to location in park. (https://www.floridastateparks.org/)
Lake San Marino RV Resort: Camping space for tents is available. All the facilities are available in this resort. Prices start from $54 (approx. €53, £44, $69 CAD, $77 AUD) per night. (https://bookings7.rmscloud.com/)
- Weather: The fall, winter, and spring weather in Bonita Springs (Florida) will normally be warm during the day and can be cold during the night. Of course in the fall and spring it will be warmer than in the winter. You have to pack accordingly.
Warm clothing: Even when you go to a warm location like Bonita Springs (Florida) you should not forget to take some things with you for your trip back home. When you return you are adapted to the warmer weather and need something to protect you from your hometown temperatures.
Consider the Weather: Always look at the type of weather in Bonita Springs (Florida). Things like humidity, wind, and rain do not show up in the temperature graph but can have a great impact on your wardrobe. There are several sites with long term forecasts and climate information. Is there often a short afternoon downpour like in the tropics, you maybe need to take a strong umbrella and shoos that can cope with the rain. If there is often a lot of wind you might need a more wind-resistant coat.
Check the local Shopping options: Try to find information about the local shopping options near your location in Bonita Springs (Florida). Are there stores where you can buy all your daily supplies, or are some things difficult to get? For some more remote locations, the options can be limited. If a certain item is really important for you might need to take it with you.
Look at the Local Culture: The local culture in Bonita Springs (Florida) can impact your wardrobe. If most activities are in more upscale locations you might take some more appropriate clothes with you. Or travelling if you travel to certain countries women need to cover themselves in certain areas.
Amenities: Know what’s Included in your house or apartment. Is there a coffee maker, a toaster, a washer and dryer, an iron, what is in the kitchen, what kind of towels are there? Things that are there means you do not have to take them with you. A furnished apartment or house can mean something from a few pieces of furniture to a well-stocked place with all the things you have at home. But most of the time your rental will not be stocked.
Mix and match: Wear layers so you can use your wardrobe more efficiently. And do not worry about wearing something more often, probably only you will notice this.
Important for you: If there is something that is really important for you that you want to have present in your house or apartment, take it with you. This can be something like a special knife for the kitchen, or a small mirror that you use in the morning. You can also purchase it locally if it is not that expensive.
Pet supplies: If you take your pet with you don’t forget to take supplies for a few days with you. And enough medication, vitamins, or other supplies if you can not purchase them in Bonita Springs (Florida) locally.
Food: Don’t take a lot of food with you. Only when there is something you really can not live without you, and it is not too heavy you could consider taking it with you.
Towels: Not all locations include bigger towels for the swimming pool or a visit to the beach. If you have to take them and don’t have a lot of room you can buy some big thin towels.
Office supplies: Normally you will not find any office supplies in your house or apartment. If you think you will use them you could pack some supplies like a scissor, notepaper, envelopes, some pens, and more depending on your needs.
Limit yourself: Don’t take too many shoes and jackets, you will not need them that often.
Best-fitting: Bring your favorite and best-fitting items that can multi-function
Washer: Do you have a washer and dryer onsite, you don’t need to pack a lot of clothes
Other locations close to this location:
If you see this after your page is loaded completely, leafletJS files are missing.
If you have any additions, or comments on the content on this page, please use our contact form to let us know.