Palm Beach is an exclusive town located in Palm Beach County. It is an attractive destination visited by thousands all year-round. It is situated next to the Gulf Stream, it offers vast blue beaches and fine winter weather. The exclusivity is due to its rich residents, stunning mansions, and five-star visitors which have put Palm Beach on the radar for one of the most luxurious places in the world. Besides an incredible variety of beaches, the town of Palm Beach features some of Florida's finest restaurants, shops, golf courses, and nature parks. West Palm Beach and Palm Beach are also home to an incredible variety of arts and culture.
Why should people visit during the winter?
Palm Beach is a splendid location for someone trying to escape the winter in their hometown. The winter weather is mild in this region and is excellent for outdoor activities. Many snowbirds visit this exclusive town to enjoy nautical activities, golf, nature, history, and the art scene. The holiday season and the celebrations in this region are unmatched. Christmas lighting, Christmas Parades, live entertainment, champagne toasts, and dance parties are an enjoyable experience when visiting Palm Beach during these months.
The climate is mostly clear and pleasant during winter. The temperature usually remains above 50°F (10°C), and is ideal for spending time outdoors and connecting with nature. Some nights will get chilly, so visitors are advised to pack accordingly. The winter period normally does not see hurricanes (the hurricane season is from June to November).
For more climate information visit Meteoblue
Things to see in Palm Beach, Florida
The town of Palm Beach has many things to do and see:
- Palm Beach Municipal Beach also known as the midtown beach is a clean public beach for visitors to enjoy and relax.
- Henry Morrison Flagler Museum gives an insight into how Henry Flagler was the person responsible for the development of Palm Beach and the state of Florida. Numerous art pieces and antique furnishings are displayed here.
- The Society of the Four Arts is a nonprofit organization that is home to the Esther B. O'Keeffe Gallery Building. The society maintains the gardens that have amazing sculptures and exotic plants. It is a pleasure to explore this gem.
- Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society is an organization that houses many endangered species of different animals.
- Palm Beach Par-3 Golf Course is an upscale facility with breathtaking views of the ocean and dining areas.
- The Church of Bethesda-By-The Sea was built in 1926 and it is a Gothic-inspired Church. It is a peaceful place with classic artwork.
- Norton Museum of Art is an elegant museum located in West Palm Beach and it is home to more than 7000 pieces of artwork.
Things to see not far from Palm Beach, Florida
When you are done exploring Palm Beach there are some beautiful Floridian towns and parks nearby that are worth visiting:
- Lake Worth Beach, Fl is a situated almost 10.5 Miles (17 km) from Palm Beach and it is named after the Lake Worth Lagoon. It is home to splendid beaches, lively festivals, and events.
- Lantana, Fl is a coastal town located 12 Miles (19 km) from Palm Beach. It has spectacular beaches and beautiful parks to explore.
- Jupiter, Fl is located around 15 Miles (24 km) from Palm Beach. The Jupiter Inlet Light House and Museum are also located here and it is a landmark built in 1860 and it houses relics from the past.
- Tequesta, Fl is a small, historically rich, a village located almost 22.5 Miles (36 km) from Palm Beach. It offers breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and it is a splendid retreat for marine life viewing.
- Boca Raton, Fl is located around 27.8 Miles (45 km) from Palm Beach and it is known for its beaches, nature parks, and golf courses.
- Delray Beach, Fl is located 21.2 Miles (34 km) away and it has a beautiful coastline, great restaurants, and a thriving art scene. The Winter GreenMarket held every Saturday attracts a lot of visitors from the nearby towns.
- Everglades National Park is located 93.5 Miles (150 km) from Palm Beach and it is considered an international treasure. It was also declared as a World Heritage Site. It provides habitat for many rare and endangered species like the manatee, American crocodile, and the Florida panther. Visit https://www.nps.gov/ever/index.htm for more details.
Activities in Palm Beach, Florida in the winter
There are a lot of activities for visitors to engage in:
- Nautical activities like swimming, snorkeling, surfing, fishing, and paddle boating can be enjoyed on the vast beaches and lakes in and around Palm Beach.
- Walking and hiking at the natural trails in parks and the countryside will offer a peaceful connection with the wildlife and nature surrounding the area.
- Golfing at some of the most exclusive and luxurious resorts in the country.
- Explore the area by cycling through hundreds of trails leading and connecting to surrounding regions.
- Explore the art scene of the town by viewing the street art, sculptures, and exquisite art galleries in the town.
- Food and wine tasting tours which prove to be an exciting experience for the visitors.
- Many independent trainers offer yoga classes in a beautiful natural setting which promotes a healthy and strong approach toward life.
- Farmer and Craft markets are a good way to learn about the cultural and social characteristics of a place and it can be an interesting shopping experience.
Shops & Restaurants. Are they Open in winters?
Palm Beach is a shopper's haven. There are many options from high end and upscale boutiques at Worth Avenue to the local and affordable options like West Palm Beach Antique and Flea Market located in Clematis Street. The Palm Beach Farmers' Market is a great place to get fresh produce and many other local and artisan products. Some well known retail supermarkets have everything one needs. You can also find smaller and bigger shopping centers with many of the major US chain stores.
The gastronomy of Palm Beach boasts of numerous culinary options, from fine dining to the local deli, and street style affordable options. Many restaurants offer a variety of cuisines like Mexican, Italian, and Asian to cater to every palate. Some of the restaurants and cafes are established enterprises and have become a Palm Beach staple for example Green Pharmacy Luncheonette, Buccan and Mediterranean Market, and Deli.
- Palm Beach International Airport is a public airport in Palm Beach County, Florida. It is the primary airport for West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Wellington, Palm Beach, and the surrounding area.
- Palm Tran in Palm Beach County's Public Transportation provider for fixed-route passenger bus service.
- West Palm Beach station is a train station in West Palm Beach, Florida. It is served by Amtrak passenger rail and Tri-Rail commuter rail service.
- Virgin Trains USA is a private high-speed intercity passenger rail service serving South Florida since 2018. For more information on Virgin Trains USA/Bright-line, please visit https://www.gobrightline.com.
- Greyhound USA is the chief bus service provider for the region and it operates from different stations around the town. For more information visit: greyhound.com
- Uber is also a good option for those who want to avoid traveling in public transport and want to use a private facility. For more information on fares, visit: https://www.uber.com/global/en/cities/
Palm Beach has some very good medical facilities at various local health and medical centers. Doctors are competent, and many specialists are also present. Dentists are also easily available for consultation. Some of the medical centers and dental clinics are listed below:
- Good Samaritan Medical Center http://www.goodsamaritanmc.com/
- St. Mary's Medical Centerhttp://www.stmarysmc.com/
- Cleveland Clinic https://my.clevelandclinic.org/
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical Centerhttp://www.pbgmc.com/
- Premiere Dental Care
- Water-view Dental
- Visitors can search for affordable apartments or condos for rent on https://www.airbnb.com/ an online marketplace that connects people who want to rent out their homes with people who are looking for accommodations in that location.
- Visitors looking for long term accommodation in the city should also visit websites like https://www.apartments.com/west-palm-beach-fl/ to find apartments at reasonable rates during the winter months. It is better to book in advance because winters are generally a busier season and the rates are quite high. West Palm Beach has better rates than Palm Beach itself. On average a studio apartment in Palm Beach can be rented for $1,000 (approx. €0.85, £0.77, $1.32 CAD, $1.37 AUD) per month.
Camping is a beautiful way to be near Mother Nature. From a vast coastal setting to the natural wetlands, this region has diverse options for campers. If you own an RV or Camper van then you can easily camp at one of the following campsites:
- Peanut Island Parkhttp://discover.pbcgov.org/parks/Locations/Peanut-Island.aspx
- Palm Beach RV Park http://www.palmbeachrvparks.com/
- Bluegrass Mobile Home and RV Park https://bluegrassmobilehome.com/